What's New Archive
- Due to our system mentenance, somtimes you can not view some old data.
- The service of WWW and FTP will not be available during April 13, 18:00 to April 16, 13:00 (JST).
The service of WWW and FTP will not be available during
- November 17, 15:00 to November 20, 15:00 (JST)
Due to our moving offices to the Tsukuba Space Center, our computer system will not be a vailable for several days at the end of October.
We plan to stop the machine on October 27 and resume on 31 (PM) both in Japan Standard Time.
- The AMSR-E el-nino datasets were updated to new version.
The changes are as follows:
- Use of the latest AMSR-E SST products version-4 by SHIBATA algorithm.
- Use of the SST climatological data calculated by JMA.
- Improvement of grid resolution from 0.5 degree to 0.25 degree.
- AMSR-E data now used in the Japan Meteorological Agency's global numerical weather prediction model.
- New version of AMSR/AMSR-E products were released.
- "Sea Ice Distribution" site by AMSR-E and MODIS was released. You can see the sea ice in the sea of Okhotsk.
Sea Ice Distribution
- Problem for the irregular values in missing data of Level 1B products was resolved.
- "All Weather Ocean Wind Speed" of AMSR/AMSR-E site is released.
You can see the near real-time state of ocean wind speed retrieved by new SSW algorism, which can retrieve in good level even under the strong wind, heavy rain condition, such as a typhoon area.
All Weather Ocean Wind Speed
- Irregular values are included in missing data of level 1B products.
- "Improving our Understanding of Climate Change -Observing our Water Planet using AMSR and AMSR-E-", a pamphlet summarizing outcomes of AMSR and AMSR-E, was released.
- AMSR Data Input Toolkit (ADIT) 1.07 is now available. ADIT 1.07 is required to read the AMSR/AMSR-E products released on March 1, 2005.