Symposium and Workshops
- Awaji-shima (Awaji Island) is about 30 min. from Kobe city by car.
Awaji Yumebutai is in Higashiura-cho on Awaji Island, which is about ten minutes from the Akashi Kaikyo Bridge. This is the world's longest suspension bridge which connects Kobe, with Awaji Island and also with Shikoku Island. Higashiura-cho is the southernmost town located at 135 degrees longitude east.
- March is the beginning of the spring season in Japan, and the temperature is generally around 8 -16 °C. The mornings and nights of mid- March in Awaji-shima would be still cold.
Awaji Yumebutai International Conference Center
1 Yumebutai, Higashiura-cho, Tsuna-gun, Hyougo 656-2301 Japan
- Accommodation and Travel
A number of rooms have been blocked at a local hotel (the Westin Awaji Island). The detail information can be found at http://www.westin-awaji.com/english/index.html
We advise you to book your hotel via our local travel agent.
Please return the meeting registration and hotel reservation form by fax or e-mail to|
Fax: +81-3-5467-5538 or
before 10th February 2003.
PDF: 52KB / Word: 33KB
After this date, the hotel block booking will be released, and availability of the negotiated room dand rate can no longer be guaranteed.
No show hotel will be charged to the requestor's credit card.
Cancellations and changes of date for hotel should be made in writing by fax to +81-3-5467-5538 , Prime International co., Ltd.
Should you not require hotel accommodation, you should still confirm your attendance by sending registration form to the above by a fax or an e-mail.
- Local Secretariat
- Ms Kazuko Misawa
Remote Sensing Technology Center of Japan (RESTEC)
1-9-9 Roppongi, Minato-ku, Tokyo, 106-0032 Japan
- Access to Awaji Yumebutai
- Area map and transportation information are available at the following website: http://www.yumebutai.org/conf_e/index.html
PDF: 54KB / PPT: 36KB
- Currency exchange
- The currency is the Japanese YEN. Please check the exchange rate.
- Travellers cheques and Credit Cards
- Travellers cheques are not generally used in Japan. Major credit cards are widely accepted.
- Participants are recommended to arrange their own overseas travel insurance.
- In relation to Greenwich, Tokyo is +8 hours ahead in the summer and +9 hours in the winter.
- Electrical appliances
- 100 volts (60Hz) and a flat two-pronged plug is used in western Japan.
- In hotels and restaurants, tips are not required or expected in Japan.
- Passport and Visas
- Every visitor from outside Japan must have a valid passport. Visitors from nations whose citizens need an entry visa should apply to a Japanese consulate in their respective country. Please do not hesitate to contact the Local Secretariat in case of any difficulty in obtaining the entry visa.
- Local Support on your travel and accommodation
- If you require any support on your travel, please contact:
Prime International Co., Ltd..